Kai Tak Cruise Terminal Building
Full steam ahead!
In order to optimise space within the building, the box beams forming the primary structure have been used to lay out numerous pipes and ducts from different building services. Building Information Modelling (BIM) technology has been widely utilised for this project to fine-tune coordination between the design of the structure and the electrical and mechanical package.
- Construction period: 2010 to 2013
- Client: Architectural Services Department
- Architect: Forster + Partners, Wong Tung & Partners
- Award: BEAM Plus Platinum, HKGBC Green Building Award 2012
- Type of contract: Design & Build
- Scope of works: Full MEP package
- Gross Floor Area: 72,135 m²