Singapore Sports Hub
Ready, steady, go!
BYME Singapore is undertaking the design and completion of all buildings services for the entire complex. The project was entirely developed with BIM technology.
To ensure spectator comfort, the stadium’s cooling system will provide relief from Singapore’s stifling heat. A unique and innovative air-conditioning system has been developed for the bleachers that will circulate cool air under spectator seating. The cooling capacity-related capital and operational expenditure have been significantly reduced by the use of latent thermal storage, Turbocor chillers and a reverse district cooling system that features a two-kilometre long HDPE condensing water loop.
- Construction period: 2010 to 2014
- Client: Singapore Sports Council
- Architect: DP Architects / Arup Group
- Award: BCA Green Mark Gold Plus
- Type of contract: Design & Build
- Scope of works: Full MEP package
- Gross Floor Area: 275,000 m²